Thursday, September 6, 2007

The College Balancing Act

There is truly an art to balancing one’s life while in college, especially when one is a commuter. I always thought my parents and the rest of my family were just worrying unnecessarily about college but I was wrong. Besides the school work (which would be quite enough in itself), I have to balance my job at Kohl’s with my new work study job. Plus, I still have to make enough time to be with friends (“old,” new, and those from work). I don’t want my fear of losing my best friends from high school to come true. Nor do I want to become so stressed out that I’m constantly on edge. I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew, but I think I may have already done that. This will definitely be an interesting, if not somewhat stressful ride. Here’s to hoping that I master the balancing act soon. Semester One at Carroll here I come!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

No worries Brianna. Everyone is feeling the same way that you do, we are all stressed out about the fact that we may have bitten off more than we can chew. Although, knowing you from high school, I'm sure that you'll be able to handle it, no questions asked.