Saturday, September 15, 2007

Oh, For the Love of Music!

When I was contemplating which medium I was going to use in my paper, I came to fully realize how important the art of music is in my life. I’m not the one with enough talent to create music; I’m the one who enjoys the fruits of that talent. My taste in music spans all genres. I’m quite the eclectic listener. My collection includes everything from Sevendust to Los Kumbia Kings to Josh Groban to Eminem and pretty much everything in between. Although, I have to admit that my two ultimate favorite genres are metal and Broadway, however strange a combination that may be.

Music brings meaning and enjoyment to my life. I guess that’s the true purpose of art. If so, then music is definitely my favorite way to express one’s self. A few notes can radically change my mood and often gets me thinking. Without my music I would merely suffer through each day. Music truly is the love of my life and I think it always will be.

No comments: