Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Time for Family

Thanksgiving is almost here. It's coming much too quickly if you ask me. I honestly cannot believe that the semester is truly coming to a close in the next few weeks. It really blows my mind. Even though the majority of my Thanksgiving break will be spent working on papers and presentations, however irritating that may be, I will also be spending a lot of time with family. Although many people seem to complain about their families and how they hate being forced to spend time with them around the holidays, I actually like being with my family. I don't hate them. I never have. They might annoy me at times, but they're still family and I think people need to remember that. I'm definitely looking forward to all of the delicious food in the next week, but I'm also excited about spending some quality time with people in my family who I haven't seen in months. These times during the holidays should be treasured because they truly are precious. We always get so caught up in the material things that we forget how important the people around us are.

No comments: