Thursday, October 18, 2007

Balancing Act Update

I'm pretty sure that I'm missing a weekly blog somewhere so I'm doing another one today to make up for it. So, earlier this semester I wrote a blog entitled "The College Balancing Act;" in it I wrote about trying to balance my workload and different jobs among other things. I'm returning to that topic today and giving an update on my progress. I'd like to commend myself so far. No mental breakdowns yet! Just kidding. Anyways, I now have the Kohl's job situation under control; no more working there every single weekend. The history department job and my possible Site Monitor position for Big Brothers, Big Sisters are quite manageable. They don't require too much time so I don't feel so bogged down. When it comes to actual academics, I think I'm handling it fairly well. This is by far my toughest class so that's a relief. Life is still a balancing act though. At times I'm completely overwhelmed (see previous blog) but I think I'll be able to make it through the rest of the semester without crashing. Only seven or eight weeks left to go. Let's hope that my optimism isn't in vain during the remaining weeks and it doesn't get pummeled anytime soon!

No comments: